Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria
Born at Manilla, N.S.W. 3 April 1928. Her primary schooling was obtained as a pupil of Blackfriar's Correspondence School ('School of the Air'); her secondary education at Hornsby Girls High School, Sydney, and for her science degree she majored in plant ecology and physiology. Upon graduation she was appointed as the lecturer in mycology (fungi) at the University of N.S.W., a position she held until moving to W.A. with her husband and young family in 1958. Since then she has undertaken part-time lecturing at the University of W.A. in both the Department of Botany and the School of Architecture. She has been involved in a wide spectrum of landscape consultancy work in the field of design, planning and management. She has undertaken a number of research projects in relation to water conservation, soil stabilisation and revegetation and various specialised aspects of the environment.
Her membership of scientific organisations, public appointments, publications and major reports covered nearly three pages of detail in 1988. In 1981 she was made an Honorary Fellow of the Aust. Inst. of Landscape Architects, and since 1985 she has been a member of the Western Australian Wildlife Authority (which is advisory to the Minister). Her publications and reports cover a wide field of W.A. interests, especially local gardening and landscape projects as well as for major mining companies such as NBHP and Woodside Offshore Petroleum. Amongst other noteworthy items is that she was a member of a professional team in the design of the campus of Murdoch University, which was awarded the Western Australian Civic Design Award for 1987
Source: Extracted from: