Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria
A medical practioner in Melbourne, Victoria, Flecker moved to Cairns in 1932, where he became foundation President of the North Queensland Naturalists' Club. Over the next 25 years he built, with the Club, an herbarium of nearly 11,000 collections (CAIRNS). This herbarium was incorporated into QRS in 1971, with the bryophytes going to CANB in 1981.
Extracted from: A.E.Orchard (1999) A History of Systematic
Botany in Australia, in Flora of Australia Vol.1, 2nd ed.,
ABRS. [consult for source references]