Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria
Employed as Assistant Botanist in the Western Australian Herbarium by Charles Gardner (1954-1958) before taking up academic posts in Armidale, New South Wales (1958-1963), Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (1963-1966) and Canada (1970-1975), plus a period at the Forest Research Institute, Canberra (1966-1970). From 1975 to 1987 he returned to the Western Australian Herbarium as Curator, overseeing a period in which data-basing methods were introduced for collection management. His research interests covered Conostylis, variation in Eucalyptus spp, and Myrtaceae of the Thryptomene group. His collections are housed in PERTH.
Extracted from: A.E.Orchard (1999) A History of Systematic Botany in Australia, in Flora of Australia Vol.1, 2nd ed., ABRS. [consult for source references]