SCHEDULE A CONTRIBUTIONS
Finance (Estimates for FY 1993/94)
Operating Budget NPWS $ 170 000
CSIRO $ 230 000
Salaries and associated costs NPWS $ 886.600
CSIRO $ 1,844,300
Site Operating Costs + facility running costs NPWS $ 190 000
CSIRO $ 570 500
Building rental CSIRO $ 187.190
Services CSIRO $ 332 550
Equipment and Premises
- as detailed in Schedule B.
- as detailed in Schedule C.
The collection of preserved botanical specimens totalling c. 250 000
accessions, and including c 860 type specimens. Each accession is
identified by a unique accession number prefixed by the identifier CBG.
The collection of preserved botanical specimens totalling c. 500 000
accessions, and including c. 4 500 type specimens. Each accession is
identified by a unique accession number prefixed by the identifier CANB.
[Note : An accession comprises the mounted or packaged dried specimen and
associated material such as wood samples, separated fruit, spirit preserved
material such as flowers, slides, photographs and living material. Each
accession has associated specimen label information derived from field
Data and Background Intellectual Property
- The Australian Plant Name Index dataset
- The Census of Australian Vascular Plants dataset
- The Integrated Botanical Information System containing data on
accessions of the Herbarium, the living collections, the photographic
collection and bibliographic material held in the library.
- The Economic Plants of Australia dataset
- The Australian Tropical Rain
- Forest Information System dataset
- The EUCLID identification system dataset
- The Australian National Herbarium Specimen Information Register
ANHSIR & GUMNUT) containing data on accessions of the herbarium.