An Introduction to Collecting Plants
This page provides links to various documents that deal with the collection of plant specimens - both as herbarium specimens (pressed, dried and mounted onto a sheet of board) and as living collections (cuttings, whole plants and seeds).
- Collection Procedures and Specimen Preservation
- An Introduction to Collecting Difficult Plants
- How to Use Field Note Books
- Field Note Book Page
- What makes a good specimen ?
- Guidelines for the Handling of Cutting Material, Live Plants and Seeds
See also: Collecting and preserving plant specimens, a manual from the Queensland Herbarium in PDF format