- Systematic studies in major Australian plant groups including:
- Computer identification tools for Australian plants.
- Environmental weeds
- Murray-Darling Basin Ecology
- Taxonomy Research & Information Network (TRIN)
- Infrastructure including hardware and operating environment.
- Information Services including user services and automated web queries.
- Data management - the Integrated Biodiversity Information System (IBIS)
- Collaborative national/international botanical databases and standards: APC, IPNI, ABIF, GBIF, HISCOM.
- Australia's Virtual Herbarium (AVH)
- Atlas of Living Australia
- Collection management
- Database register
- Botanical information
- Australian Plant Name Index (APNI)
- Australian Plant Census (APC)
- Herbarium outreach
- Identification services
- Graduate Students
- Summer Studentships
- Botanical Internships
- Public lectures
- Herbarium tours
- Public Reference Herbarium
- Public plant identification
- Community projects
- Internet and World Wide Web
- Photograph Index
- Image licence sales
- CANBR program web site