To inspire, inform and connect people to Australian flora
The Management Plan 2022 will set the direction for the future of the Gardens and guide its management for the 10 years from 2022.
The Australian National Botanic Gardens (ANBG) current Management Plan 2022 was registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) on 25 October 2022, coming into effect on 26 October 2022.
Highlights of the Management Plan 2022
- A new vision, mission statement and brand for the ANBG
- Strengthened programs in horticultural and conservation research
- Focus on conservation programs of national significance such as alpine and grassy woodland ecosystems
- Emphasis on state-of-the-art practices in biodiversity science and information management, horticulture, education and visitor services
- A range of new development opportunities
- Expanded education programs
- A range of new promotional activities