To inspire, inform and connect people to Australian flora
The Australian National Botanic Gardens (ANBG) Management Plan 2012-2022 was registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) on 28 May 2012, coming into effect on 29 May 2012.
The plan outlines how we propose to manage and grow our significant botanic garden and national institution for the ten years from 2012.
The Summary of the Plan is here.
Highlights of the 2012–2022 Management Plan
- A new vision, mission statement and brand for the ANBG
- Strengthened programs in horticultural and conservation research
- Focus on conservation programs of national significance such as alpine and grassy woodland ecosystems
- Emphasis on state-of-the-art practices in biodiversity science and information management, horticulture, education and visitor services
- A range of new development opportunities
- Expanded education programs
- A range of new promotional activities